White Settlement Police Department hosts
Prescription Drug Take Back
The National Prescription Drug Take Back Day addresses a crucial public safety and public health issue. According to the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 6.2 million Americans misused controlled prescription drugs. The study shows that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet.
The DEA’s Take Back Day events provide an opportunity for Americans to prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths.
- The program is free and anonymous
- Prescription and over the counter solid dosage medications, such as tablets and capsules are accepted
- Liquid medications, cough medicine with codeine and other over the counter liquid medications are accepted.
- Injectables (pre-loaded with medication) and needles/sharps/syringes will be accepted n a separate drop box.
- Illicit substances such as marijuana or methamphetamine are not a part of the initiative.